During the production of alloy steel castings, it is necessary to select the appropriate riser shape, size, location, etc. according to the structure and process requirements of the steel casting, otherwise inappropriate risers will affect the production quality of the steel castings. Therefore, the following editor will talk about some basic requirements for its riser settings.
1) For alloy steel castings with uneven wall thickness, a riser must be set at each hot joint.
2) It should be installed as far as possible on the top or near the feeding part of the steel casting.
3) When steel castings have hot joints at different heights and need to be fed, multiple risers can be set, but the feeding area of each riser should be separated.
4) It is recommended not to install the riser at the important or large force-bearing part of the steel casting.
5) Try to make the sprue pass through the riser.
6) The riser should not be set at the stress concentration of the alloy steel casting as far as possible.
7) The riser is recommended to be installed on the surface of the steel casting that needs to be machined.
In order to produce qualified alloy steel castings, it is not only necessary to properly handle the riser settings, but the entire production process of steel castings must be carefully completed, so as to ensure the production of steel castings to a greater extent. Quality, reduce the chance of defective products.