The lost foam casting process has incomparable advancement compared with the traditional casting process. It has less investment and quicker effect. It has set off a wave in the foundry industry. Many foundries have tried to use lost foam casting technology to produce products. In recent years, many manufacturers have tried to produce wear resistant castings by using the lost foam casting process. They generally reflect the advantages of using the lost foam casting technology to produce wear resistant castings, but there are also some shortcomings.
From the specific situation of the production of various manufacturers in recent years, it can be seen that the use of the lost foam casting process to produce wear resistant castings has the following advantages:
(1) The surface quality of castings is good, the dimensional accuracy of castings is high, there are few casting defects on the surface, and the surface is smooth, which is beneficial to improve the wear resistance of castings;
(2) It can produce high manganese steel series materials and alloy steel series wear-resistant materials; small thin-wall high-manganese steel castings can be water quenched immediately after casting solidification, saving manpower and energy;
(3) Using dry quartz sand, Baozhu sand, etc., the old sand can reach 96% reuse, solve the problem of waste sand treatment, and is conducive to environmental protection and low carbon economy;
(4) For ball mill partition plates, slabs and crusher slab castings, the use of lost foam casting technology to produce high dimensional accuracy is more advantageous;
(5) For the small and medium-sized factories with small sites, the small-scale lost foam production process is adopted, which occupies less land, has less investment, and is faster to launch.
The wear resistant castings use the lost foam casting process:
(1) Foam slag is not easily discharged when producing thick castings;
(2) The production of low-carbon alloy steel castings is prone to carbon increase, which causes troubles for smelting and heat treatment. At present, some manufacturers use the first firing and post-casting process to obtain certain solutions;
(3) Manufacturers of lost foam production equipment, while providing equipment, should provide the production process of the corresponding castings;
(4) The design of the riser of the lost foam castings should be standardized. The CAE analysis system should be used to simulate the casting and solidification to determine a reasonable pouring system.